Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics - G, H, I
HIEROGLYPH - G
- There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "G". They represent the different sounds of the letter.
- The pot stand is used for the hard 'G' sound in words like great and God, and names like Gary and Margaret.
- The cobra is used for the soft 'G' sound in words like gentle, giant and names like George and Gemma.
HIEROGLYPH - H
- There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "H". The top image is a shelter. The bottom is a wick.
- Either hieroglyph can be used for the "H" sound in words like house and home, and names like Henry and Hazel.
- Choose the one that creates the best design in your word.
HIEROGLYPH - I
- The single reed is used for all "I" sounds in words like image and idea, and names like Ian and Isobel.
The Hieroglyphic Alphabet
Ancient Egyptian Art Menu