Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics - D, E, F
HIEROGLYPH - D
- The hand is used for the "D" sound in words like door and dance, and names like David and Diana.
HIEROGLYPH - E
- There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "E". They represent the different sounds of the letter.
- The double reed is used for the 'ee' sound in words like need, piece and read, and names like Elaine.
- The vulture is used for the 'E' sound in words like get and learn, and names like Edward.
HIEROGLYPH - F
- The horned viper is used for the "F" sound in words like fun, friend or foe an names like Frank and Fiona.
The Hieroglyphic Alphabet
Ancient Egyptian Art Menu