Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics - S, T, U
HIEROGLYPH - S
- The folded cloth is used for the "S" sound in words like sun and sand, and names like Stephen and Susan.
HIEROGLYPH - T
- The bread loaf is used for the "T" sound in words like talk and trade, and names like Thomas and Tanya.
HIEROGLYPH - U
- There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "U". They represent the different sounds of the letter.
- The quail chick is used for the long "U" sound in words like rule, pull and duel, and names like Una.
- The reed and quail chick are combined for the short "U" sound in words like jump and up, and names like Ursula.
The Hieroglyphic Alphabet
Ancient Egyptian Art Menu