Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics - Y, Z, CH
Egyptian Hieroglyphics Y, Z, CH
- There are two hieroglyphs for the letter "Y". They represent the different sounds of the letter.
- The single reed is used for the short 'Y' sound in words like yes and year, and names like Yasmin.
- The double reed is used for the long 'Y' sound in words like many and money, and names like Yvonne.
- The door bolt is used for the "Z" sound in words like zigzag and zodiac, and names like Zoe and Zachary.
- The Cattle Rope is used for the 'CH' sound in words like chair, church, and names like Charles and Cheryl.
The Hieroglyphic Alphabet
Ancient Egyptian Art Menu
- ART LESSONS MENU
- DESIGN LESSONS MENU
- ART APPRECIATION MENU
- ANCIENT EGYPTIAN ART MENU
- Ancient Egyptian Art Home
- Ancient Egyptian Art Lesson
- Ancient Egyptian Gods
- Ancient Egyptian Crowns
- Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics
- Hieroglyphics Alphabet
- Hieroglyphics - A, B, C
- Hieroglyphics - D, E, F
- Hieroglyphics - G, H, I
- Hieroglyphics - J, K, L
- Hieroglyphics - M, N, O
- Hieroglyphics - P, Q, R
- Hieroglyphics - S, T, U
- Hieroglyphics - V, W, X
- Hieroglyphics - Y, Z, CH
- Hieroglyphics - PH, SH, TH
- Hieroglyphics - Ankh, Scararab, Wedjat
- Hieroglyphics - Pectoral, Cartouche
- Hieroglyphics - Rosetta Stone
- Design an Egyptian Cartouche
- Scroll to the top of the page