- Artyfactory is a free online resource for anyone who wants to learn about the visual arts.
- Our aim is to enhance your artistic skills and to increase your appreciation and enjoyment of art and design.
- You can teach yourself how to draw, paint and design by following our illustrated step by step tutorials.
- We offer free Art and Design Lessons and have a growing section on Art Appreciation which can be used to expand the context of many of our lessons.
- Artyfactory is particularly useful to those involved in art education: art teachers, art students, homeschoolers and parents, as well as artists of any age or ability who are keen to expand their knowledge and understanding of art and design.
- Artyfactory places great importance on teaching art visually as opposed to verbally. We believe that artists teach themselves visually first and verbally second. This is why the visuals for each of our lessons are designed before the addition of any text. This ensures that they communicate the essence of the lesson in images alone.
- We hope that you enjoy using Artyfactory and find our lessons informative and fun.
Artyfactory is designed, illustrated and written by John MacTaggart, an art teacher from Glasgow, Scotland.