Our page banner is a detail from the poster 'Dylan', (1967) by Milton Glaser.
Graphic Designer Notes
- Graphic designers create visual solutions to communicate the concept of a product, campaign or event.
- The work of a graphic designer includes illustration, typography, posters, packaging, corporate identities, advertising campaigns, web design and digital multimedia.
- Graphic designers usually work to a brief that outlines their client’s aims and objectives for their product or campaign.
- Graphic designers sometimes work on their own but also need to be able cooperate closely with other members of a design team.
- Graphic designers need to work quickly and accurately under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Graphic designers need to be able to prepare work for print and liaise with the printers to ensure that their material is produced at highest quality.
- A high level of technical ability in the use of digital media is an essential skill for the modern graphic designer.
- Graphic designers need an outstanding visual and verbal creativity and must keep up to date with the latest trends in their creative and commercial environment.